Rural Communities Development Agency (RCDA) in cooperation with OXFAM Georgia and support of British Big Lottery Fund (BLF) in three Municipalities of Mtskheta-Mtianeti: Dusheti, Tianeti and Mtskheta is implementing a three year project “Forest Fruits – Markets for Women”.
In the area of project implementation there are abundant resources of NTFPs (Sustainable collection, processing and marketing of these products at local and international markets will support region’s vulnerable population, empower women living in rural areas, strengthen IDPs social and economic conditions, reduce poverty and create new opportunities for employment and income generation.
The project seeks to achieve five main outcomes:
• Creation and development of five women cooperatives of forest produce and IDPs with at least 15 members that results in poor and marginalized women’s empowerment;
• Raising awareness and strengthening of local population’s skills of sustainable collection, processing and realization marketing of NTFP products;
• Improving women’s organizational and technical skills;
• Providing cooperatives with all necessary equipment and tools;
• Marketing/market research of the products produced by the cooperatives;
“Rural Communities Development Agency “ (RCDA) is inviting interested women, formal and informal groups of the target communities, who are interested and have some experience in collection/harvesting and processing of NTFPs.
In case of interest, please contact us:
Rural Communities Development Agency (RCDA)
Mariam Svanidze – Community Mobilizer – 599 13 40 80